Friday, September 4, 2009

Some new decorations...

When we were out in Arizona, we went to the AWESOME home decor store called Kirkland's (and no, it's not connected to Costco). Nick was very nice about letting me get some new things for the house (he was being very generous and really couldn't say a whole lot considering all the bullets he had been buying while we were there)! Terrie came over a few days later and helped me hang the new things and rearrange some of the stuff I already had. Here is how it turned out when we finally finished!
I love this thing...you can't tell in this picture, but some pop out more than others, giving it some extra depth. And I know...I need some more flowers in the other vase, but they were out when I went to get the ones I wanted so I have to wait!
This just cracked me up...Morgan kept getting in front of me as I was going around taking pictures, and she was taking pictures of me! She kept saying "say cheeeeeez" as she followed me around, so she pops up in a bunch of the pictures! Made me laugh...This is the living room...obviously. I should have opened the curtains, but it was hot and too bright. Use your imaginations!This is the clock Nick got me a while ago...it used to be above the fireplace, but now it's above the couch by the door. I still look above the fireplace to see what time it is...drives me nuts!This picture is a little blurry, but I didn't feel like redoing it! Terrie got me these four pictures for my birthday, and I stole the mirror out of my bedroom (can you steal from youself when it's still in your own house?).This is just another one of Morgan taking a picture of me. Although, for those of you who have seen my bedroom, we did move the dresser...HEAVY! This is one of the walls in my bedroom...possibly my favorite. Every morning when I wake up, I see this big picture of Morgan and it just makes me grin! I've had the saying on the wall since Christmas but just put it up. I absolutely LOVE it...it's like a sticker that you "scratch" onto the wall. Think I'm going to have to get some more...and take 8 months to decide where to put them!I got all of these at Kirkland's too. It's all above our bed and I love them. However, I was the one that hung them, and they are all heavy metal, so I really hope we don't have a big earthquake during the night because I SO do not promise that they'll stay!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your house looks amazing. I love what you have done with it. When I get my own house you have to come decorate for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful home, Mindi! I really like that store and it looks like you got some pretty things there.

    I was going to tell you about the letters I do with Maddie... I make some of them up but I got a lot of my ideas from a blog called: http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/ It is full of fun kid craft ideas. Look for the Alphabet activities link. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete