Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Santa Monica Pier

So I am WAY behind on my blogs and am trying to catch up...so this should be dated September 16th and not November 5th! Anyway, this is Morgan's first trip to the beach. Totally not planned, didn't have a swimsuit or anything, but after an absolutely HORRIBLE experience with the airline companies (which I won't go into because I would rant for about 2 hours and no one would want to read it!) I was stuck in LA for 10 hours with Morgan waiting for Kayla and Owen to get there. Instead of sitting at the airport, I decided to drive down to Santa Monica and take Morgan to the beach/pier. She absolutely LOVED it! She wanted in the water so bad (which is why in some pictures you'll see that I have a death-grip on her arm and the angle is weird because the camera is down by my side and I'm just snapping pictures and hoping she is in them!). Nick and I definitely need to plan a day trip when we can take her and spend the day and actually get in the water.

She loved the sand between her toes and loved to see her footprints and handprints as she walked...but loved it even more when the waves came up and got her wet and washed them all away!
So while we were playing in the waves, one of the seagulls came and stole her bag of chips~it was hilarious how mad she was when she saw it-and she was absolutely determined to get them back! She chased them all over, threw sand at them, and eventually got the bird to drop the bag-and she ran and got it before they could come back!!
This is the guilty seagull...if Morgan could have kicked him she would have!
Don't worry, I made her throw it away once she got it back!!
After the water and seagull fiasco, I decided we'd go walk to pier and ride some of the rides. Morgan had a blast...she was quiet upset that I wouldn't let her do more. I wasn't sure how I was going to do on the ferris wheel, but I made the sacrifice and did it for Morgan because I knew she would love it...which she did. I usually get really sick on rides like these, but thankfully this time I didn't! I think I was concentrating so hard on making Morgan sit and not letting her fall into the ocean below that I didn't have time to think about how my stomach was feeling!!
This is the view we had from the ride..absolutely beautiful!
Although the reason we ended up at the beach was horrible, we had a great time. Morgan had a permanent smile on her face, and I can't wait to go back again with Nick so we can all enjoy it for the entire day!

1 comment:

  1. I love day trips to the beach! too bad it wasn't planned. When you do plan it, bring baby powder. It's a trick to get the sand off of legs, feet... whatever. It's a lifesaver.

    And that whole camera by your side thing got some great pictures!

    ReplyDelete